- Durability – vinyl siding is a durable material able to withstand the severe New England weather without fading, peeling and unlike painting, won’t require being replaced in 5-7 years.
- Energy efficiency – with insulated vinyl siding now an option, many New England homeowners are taking advantage of the opportunity to improve their home’s energy efficiency and appearance at the same time.
- Ease of Maintenance – maintaining vinyl siding is easy. All that is typically needed is for vinyl siding to be spray washed once or twice a year.
- Cost effectiveness – over time, vinyl siding is a cost effective solution as it requires much less on-going maintenance than clapboard. There is no need to replace rotted or damaged clapboard or wood trim and there is no need to re-paint in 5-7 years.
- Appearance – vinyl siding comes in a variety of styles and colors. You can easily change the look of your home with vinyl siding!
If you choose vinyl siding for your home, make sure you choose an experienced installer. Installed correctly, vinyl siding will prove to be a great asset to your home. If vinyl siding is not installed correctly, you can expect to incur maintenance costs you otherwise could avoid.
Through the VSI Institute, experienced professionals can receive thorough training on proper, industry-approved vinyl siding installation techniques. To become VSI Certified, experienced professionals participate in a combination of classroom training, hands-on instruction, they need to demonstrate ASTM -accepted installation techniques and pass a written test given by a VSI Certified Trainer.
Choose Vinyl Siding that is right for your home
- Vinyl Siding
Molded from hand picked cedar clapboard. Widest color selection in the industry; 33 low- gloss solid colors, 8 low-glass wood tone blends and 41 coordinating trim colors. Three classic styles: 4″ rough cedar clapboard, , 5″ rough cedar clapboard and 5″ rough cedar dutchlap. Virtually maintenance free – never needs painting. Class 1 (A) fire rating. Lifetime limited warranty.